WoooHooo! Only a few more days until the 2014 Young Living International Grand Convention and 20th Anniversary Celebration! Darren and I are SO excited to see you at Convention… especially those we have not met in person yet. Come find us in the Diamond seating section in the General Session to take a selfie or a group photo! :)
GROUP PICTURES – At the Farm on Friday at 1:00pm
While we have nearly 800 people from our Young Living team going to Convention, I know it will be impossible to get a huge group picture in. HOWEVER, we will try to get smaller group pics during the Farm Day on Friday at 1:00 pm. We have a favorite hill that has worked great for pics in the past. While not all 800 of us can get together at once with many people coming and going at different times, we would still like to try several smaller group pics starting at 1:00pm.
So if you will be at the Farm at 1:00pm, our group will be taking pictures near the bridge that goes over the paddle boat pond. From the main visitor center building, go across the bridge over the pond and you will see us gathering for a picture with the mountains and the visitor center behind us… like you see in this picture taken last year and the year before.
2013 Young Living International Grand Convention Farm Day
2012 YL IGC Farm Day
Here is a map I made zoomed in to the main visitor portion of the YL Mona Farm, so you can see where to meet… “X” marks the spot! :)
So many in our group will be recognized for their outstanding achievement including my parents, Max and Karen Hopkins, who achieved the rank of Royal Crown Diamond. Plus, Darren and I and several others will be recognized as new Diamonds. There will be several new Platinums, Golds and MANY new Silvers in our group as well! So make sure to cheer extra loud as they are recognized on stage. :)
WHAT TO WEAR
During Convention for the general sessions and break-out sessions, you will see people wearing all sorts of things from jeans and t-shirts to business casual and business dressy. So you can wear what best suits you. It might be a bit chilly in the convention center, so a light sweater or jacket can help. We will do LOTS of walking, so you will see people wearing tennis shoes with their slacks or skirts.
As for me, I like to dress up, so I usually either go business casual or more likely business dress with a dress or skirt… and some added bling… but that’s just me. :) And I will usually wear comfy shoes (flip flops or tennis shoes) when walking to the convention center and then put on my “cute” shoes once in the general sessions room… but again, that’s just me. :)
For Farm Day, BE COMFORTABLE! It will be HOT, and you will do a lot of walking around. Capri pants or shorts or whatever you feel most comfy in will work. Most people will be in t-shirts and shorts or capris. Bring a hat and your natural sunscreen if necessary.
If you are a Silver or above and are attending the Leader Awards Gala Wednesday night or have gotten an invitation only ticket, it is a black tie event, and you will see everything from Sunday dress clothes to formal gowns (mostly formal gowns)…. and a handful of women dressed up “Miss America”-style. :) As for me, I will wearing a floor length formal dress, and Darren is stepping up his “game” this year with a tuxedo. Oooo la la! ;)
Remember to bring your walking/running shoes and workout clothes if you are attending the special D. Gary Young Foundation Walk a Mile for a Child. Darren and I will be there! Click here for more information or go to www.dgaryyoungfoundation.org.
WHAT TO BRING
When you register, you will receive some sort of carrying bag, notebook, pen and other items. So you won’t have to bring a notebook. But here are some things to make sure to bring along with you…
- Comfy shoes
- Light sweater or jacket
- Light snacks and bottled water for during the sessions – concession stands are pricey and might not have your desired healthy snacks available.
- Money for food – there should be some healthy vendors there for lunch to choose from or you may visit one of the many nearby restaurants. Salt Lake City has a LOT of healthy choices! And at the YL Lifestyle Expo there at the convention center, they will have a NingXia Red bar set-up so that you may purchase NingXia Red shots and even NingXia Red slushies! (my favorite!)
- Cash for food and specialty items at the YL Farm – They will have lunch vendors and snack vendors there (dinner is provided), so bring CASH! Yes, they have an ATM at the farm, but last year, it ran out of cash pretty quick.
- Extra empty suitcase – You will probably go home with a LOT more than you came with, so unless you are shipping everything back home, bring an extra bag!
- NEW PRODUCTS – Young Living will be announcing NEW products that convention attendees will be able to purchase AT Convention.
- ANY YL PRODUCTS – PLUS, at the Young Living Expo, there are sampling booths and also ordering kiosks and a live ordering/Will Call area so that you may purchase product and pick it up. They will also offer free shipping with a minimum order of some sort if you would like to order from the entire catalog.
- YL Swag – ONLY at Convention will you be able to purchase all sorts of Young Living t-shirts, hats, key chains, bags, etc.
- Young Living tools – Life Science Publishing and Sound Concepts will also have stores set up so you may purchase any of their books, brochures and sharing tools. They usually have a BOGO offer OR free shipping.
- YL Farm Specialty Items – There will be a LOT of specialty items to purchase at the YL Farm store! And PLEASE NOTE that they might not accept credit or debit cards in the YL Farm store! So bring cash. PLUS, note that they will have some of our YL essential oils in the farm store. These products will NOT count for your PV! So I usually just purchase items that Young Living does not sell online.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Lots of PHENOMENAL education and information and lots of FUN!!!
I will be doing LIVE updates to our Choosing Healthy Life Facebook page. Make sure to “Like” our page and feel free to post your pics and positive comments from YL Convention there! :)
We hope to see you there!!!